Glazed Baby Carrots & Dill
Complement the natural sweetness of baby carrots with this buttery brown sugar glaze. A sprinkle of chopped dill provides a fresh finish to this super easy side.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 pounds baby carrots bagged or fresh, trimmed
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 3 TB light brown sugar
- 4 TB salted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat water, brown sugar, and butter in a large skillet until ingredients are combined and liquid is simmering. Add carrots, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and toss carrots to coat. Continue to cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, tossing carrots frequently, until liquid is evaporated and carrots are fork-tender. Stir in lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with fresh dill.
If your carrots are cooked to your liking but all the liquid hasn’t evaporated from your pan use a slotted spoon to remove the carrots from pan and keep liquid over heat until almost evaporated. Toss carrots back into glaze to rewarm and coat without further cooking.
Calories: 861kcal | Carbohydrates: 110g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 1123mg | Potassium: 2197mg | Fiber: 26g | Sugar: 78g | Vitamin A: 2530.4% | Vitamin C: 28.6% | Calcium: 33.4% | Iron: 46.3%