Ginger Spice Muffins
These super moist muffins are a hit with kids of all ages. And none of them will ever guess the secret ingredient is puréed squash! Try them as a great snack or on-the-go breakfast. You can even dress them up as “cupcakes” using a light cream cheese frosting.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pureed cooked, butternut squash
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup plain low fat or fat free yogurt
- 3 TB molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Combine brown sugar, squash puree, canola oil, yogurt, molasses, and egg in a separate bowl. Thoroughly mix together by hand or using an electric beater on medium for 1-2 minutes. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Pour in liquid mixture and GENTLY fold to just combine. Batter will be lumpy!
- Evenly pour batter into 12 muffin cups (spayed well with cooking spray or lined with cupcake liners). Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
Calories: 1341kcal | Carbohydrates: 213g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1958mg | Potassium: 1722mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 195g | Vitamin A: 297.6% | Vitamin C: 35.6% | Calcium: 45.7% | Iron: 32.7%