Gazpacho with Mint & Avocado
This super healthy gazpacho is a brightly flavored, fabulous way to make great use of your farmer’s market finds. Makes veggie prep a snap with a food processor. For a perfect presentation, try serving it in tall cocktail glasses.
Servings: 8 CUPS
- 2 cucumbers peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 3 red bell peppers cored and seeded
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes cored
- 32 oz tomato or vegetable juice such as V-8
- 1 small red onion minced
- ¼ cup high quality olive oil
- 2 TB sherry vinegar
- 2 TB minced fresh mint
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 oz mint minced for garnish
- Cut cucumber, bell pepper, and tomato into chunks. Pulse each (individually) in food processor to a small dice. Combine with remaining gazpacho ingredients and chill thoroughly. When ready to serve spoon gazpacho into serving glasses and top with diced avocado and additional mint.
Gazpacho can be made up to 1 day ahead. Have fun experimenting with alternate toppings such as lump crab meat, feta cheese, or toasted garlic croutons.