Frozen Mock-Mojitos with Watermelon
Use up your leftover watermelon with this refreshing mocktail twist on mojitos. Keep some frozen watermelon purée on hand in the freezer to make quick work of this summer treat anytime. make amazing rum mojitos too!
Servings: 8 mocktails
- 8 1/2 cups cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 20 oz lemon-lime soda divided
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice divided
- 3 tbs fresh mint minced, divided, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbs rum extract divided
- Puree watermelon chunks in a blender or run through a juicer to yield 6 cups of watermelon purée. Pour 4 cups into 2 standard sized ice cube trays (2 cups per tray) and freeze till solid (several hours or overnight). Reserve remaining 2 cups watermelon purée in refrigerator.
- When ready to make mojitos, place one tray of watermelon purée cubes (16 cubes), 1 cup watermelon purée, 1 cup lemon-lime drink, half of lime juice, and 1 TB rum extract in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in 1 ½ TB fresh mint and pour into 4 martini glasses.
- Garnish with additional fresh mint.
If making real mojitos eliminate the rum extract and add ½-¾ cup rum to each batch depending on how strong you want them. You may want to add more lime juice if it tastes too sweet. If you make the watermelon ice cubes ahead of time, you can also pop them out of the ice cube tray and store in a large freezer baggie.