Frosty, Frozen Negronis
This favorite Italian cocktail goes on summer vacation in our bright and slushy version. The secret to this pretty and full flavored frozen drink is grapefruit juice ”ice cubes” in the blender to match the drink’s beloved bitter flavors!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 cups grapefruit juice or orange juice
- 1 cup Campari aperitif
- 1 cup gin
- 1 cup sweet vermouth
- orange slices for garnish
- Pour grapefruit juice into an ice cube tray and freeze for several hours to overnight. Combine the 3 liquors in a blender and add 6-8 grapefruit juice ice cubes and 6-8 regular ice cubes.
- Blend on high and continue adding equal parts grapefruit juice ice and regular ice until you reach a thick frozen consistency (will depend on the size of your ice!)
- Serve immediately garnished with a pretty straw and orange slice.
Tip: For a sweeter riff, just substitute frozen blood orange or orange juice for the grapefruit.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 191mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 38.5% | Calcium: 0.9% | Iron: 2.6%