French Pommes Persillade
A lightened up version of the French classic, this pommes persillade recipe uses roasted, thin-cut slices instead of fried cubes of potatoes. Parchment paper in the oven helps give the same satisfying crunch.
- 3 large baking potatoes russet ~ 3 lb total
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Position oven racks in bottom 1/3 of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Wash, peel, and slice potatoes horizontally into ~ ¼” thick slices. Place slices in a shallow wide bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and gently toss to coat –use your hands to rub oil onto both sides of each slice. Arrange slices evenly across both sheets, season tops generously with kosher salt and pepper, and roast for approximately 25 minutes or until bottoms are medium browned.
- Flip all potatoes over and season browned side generously with salt and pepper. Rotate the pans’ position in oven and roast for an additional 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are well browned on both sides. Combine parsley, lemon zest, and garlic in the bottom of a large serving bowl. Using two spatulas, gently toss roasted potato slices in topping and serve.
Calories: 635kcal | Carbohydrates: 116g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 2664mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6.4% | Vitamin C: 54.5% | Calcium: 8.3% | Iron: 31.8%