French Lentil Salad with Feta & Cranberries
Al dente French lentils make for a perfect light salad. Try it warm or chilled. It's a great dish to take along on a picnic.
- 2 cups French green lentils
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB + 1 tsp champagne vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp fresh tarragon minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup thin sliced celery
- ¾ cup crumbled feta
- 4 scallions chopped (white & light green sections only ~1/2 cup)
- ½ cup dried cranberries coarsely chopped
- Rinse and sort lentils, removing any debris. Place in a large saucepan and cover by a few inches with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer ~ 30 minutes or until tender. Drain well and cool.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, tarragon, mustard, salt, and pepper and pour over lentils. Stir well. Fold in celery, feta, cranberries, and scallions.
Calories: 1319kcal | Carbohydrates: 156g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 3739mg | Potassium: 2210mg | Fiber: 43g | Sugar: 55g | Vitamin A: 28.1% | Vitamin C: 23.3% | Calcium: 72% | Iron: 98.5%