Freekeh Chicken Salad with Tarragon & Peaches
Invoke the flavors of France with this perfect pairing of freekeh, sweet summer peaches, tarragon and chicken. Equally delicious served chilled or at room temperature.
Servings: 6 servings
- ¾ cup freekeh
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 2 large peaches diced (2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup minced scallions
- 2 TB minced tarragon
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Combine freekeh, water, and salt in a small sauce pan.Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until water is absorbed and freekeh is tender. Let cool and toss in chicken, peaches, pepper, scallions, and tarragon. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, mustard, champagne vinegar, honey and salt. Pour over salad just before serving.
If you can’t find ripe peaches try green grapes for an easy substitute.
Calories: 4246kcal | Carbohydrates: 437g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 266g | Saturated Fat: 135g | Cholesterol: 271mg | Sodium: 1933mg | Potassium: 2354mg | Fiber: 28g | Sugar: 374g | Vitamin A: 64.5% | Calcium: 44.5% | Iron: 131.2%