Flank Steak with Coffee-Chili Rub, Peppers and Onions
A savory coffee-chili rub gives flank steak a deep, delicious flavor that is perfect with grilled peppers and onions. Try it out for your next barbecue or serve it up as a hearty meal any night of the week.4
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 TB espresso powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch cloves
- pinch cayenne
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 peppers red, yellow, or orange, seeded and cut into rings
- 1 red onion peeled and sliced into ¼” rings
- cooking spray
- Stir together chili powder, espresso powder, salt, sugar, dry mustard, coriander, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and cayenne in a small bowl. Season steak with ½ of spice mixture.
- Place pepper rings and onion slices in a large bowl and coat lightly with cooking spray. Toss with remaining spice mixture.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Grill steak and veggies for 4-5 minutes per side, until steak registers 145 degrees (for medium rare) and peppers and onions are tender. Slice steak against the grain and serve drizzled with juices.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1259mg | Potassium: 614mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 16.3% | Vitamin C: 61% | Calcium: 4.3% | Iron: 13.4%