Fettuccine Alfredo w Tri-Color Veggies
Remember that spiralizer you bought on a whim? Here's your chance to use it and sneak some veggie goodness into rich, delicious fettuccine alfredo.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TB flour
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 2 TB light cream cheese
- ¾ cup fine grated Parmesan cheese divided (high quality)
- 4 oz fettuccine
- 4 cups spiralized zucchini ~2lb zucchini
- 4 cups spiralized butternut squash 1 medium squash
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until combined. Slowly pour in milk, whisking constantly, until flour is incorporated and the milk begins to thicken. Whisk in cream cheese and ½ cup parmesan until smooth. Cover sauce and keep warm.
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions and add butternut squash during last 1 minute of cooking time. Drain, reserving some pasta water. Stir pasta, butternut squash, and zucchini into warm sauce and cook for an additional 1 minute or until well coated (adding pasta cooking water as needed to thin). Serve garnished with 1 TB additional grated Parmesan and fresh parsley.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 1329mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 320.5% | Vitamin C: 94.1% | Calcium: 42.9% | Iron: 16.7%