Endive Leaves with Herbed Goat Cheese
This beautifully bright, easy-to-make goat cheese spread comes together quickly and can be whipped up the day before your party. Pipe a pretty presentation using a pastry bag and star tip or even just a plastic baggie with the corner snipped off.
Servings: 18 endive leaves
- 4 oz goat cheese softened
- 3 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tbs minced fresh chives additional for garnish
- 1 tbs minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp fine grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large heads endive
- Combine goat cheese, cream, chives, parsley, lemon zest, and salt thoroughly in a bowl with a fork.
- Wash endives and separate heads into leaves (trim ends as necessary). Spoon or pipe herbed goat cheese onto the wide end of each endive.
- Garnish with chives and serve.
The herbed goat cheese can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in a baggie or pastry bag in the fridge. The endives can be stuffed up to 4 hours before a party and stored covered with damp paper towels, wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge. Swap in any mix of herbs you have on hand - tarragon or basil would also work here.