Edamame & Veggies with Soba Noodles & Peanut Sauce
Make fast work of dinner with soba noodles served up with quick-cook frozen edamame and bagged stir-fry veggies. Rich and creamy peanut sauce brings it all together for a delicious side or add some grilled shrimp or chicken for a hearty meal.
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp low-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Veggies & Noodles
Veggies and Noodles
- 1 lb bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups frozen edamame
- 4 oz soba noodles
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.While water heats, make the peanut sauce. Whisk together stock, peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Heat sesame oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Whisk in stock-peanut butter mixture, bring to a boil, and cook for 2-3 minutes until flavors combine and sauce thickens slightly.
- Add stir-fry vegetables, edamame, and noodles to boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain well and return to hot pan. Toss with warm peanut sauce and garnish with scallions and mint.
The peanut sauce can be made in advance and reheat before pouring over noodle/vegetable mixture.It’s also excellent served with grilled chicken or shrimp skewers!