This just might be the easiest recipe ever! Simply combine your ingredients in a slow cooker and after a few hands-off hours, this super-flavorful Indian-inspired stew is done. Perfect to make ahead or freeze in batches for busy weeknight dinners.
Easiest-Ever! Slow Cooker Curried Red Lentil Stew
- 4 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion large
- 1 TB ginger minced
- 1 TB garlic minced
- 1 TB curry powder
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 TB butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced, additional for garnish
- Combine chicken broth, lentils, tomatoes, onion, ginger, garlic, mustard seed, coriander, cumin, and cayenne in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in butter, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and cilantro. Serve garnished with cilantro leaves.