Puffy Dutch Pancake w Caramelized Apples
If you haven't tried Dutch Pancakes you are totally in for a treat! These EASY, hands-free, oven baked pancakes cook up light and puffy right in a skillet - no flipping required. My version features yummy, gooey, caramelized cinnamon apples that cook right in the same pan (so you can even skip the syrup if you're watching sugars). Just WW 8 on Green & 6 on Blue or Purple plans.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 TB unsalted butter
- 2 apples peeled, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar divided
- 1 tsp cinnamon divided
- ¼ tsp ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 TB confectioners sugar for dusting
- optional lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place butter in a medium (8 or 9" diameter) cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- Add apples and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with 2 TB brown sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon, ginger, & nutmeg and toss to coat. Saute apples for 5 minutes or until softened and bubbling.
- While apples cook, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk in flour, salt, remaining 2 TB brown sugar, and remaining ½ tsp cinnamon.
- Pour batter over apples in pan on stovetop. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffy, lightly browned and set in the middle.
- Sift confectioners sugar over top and serve warm with an optional squeeze of lemon or drizzle of syrup.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 253mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.4mg