Deliciously Decadent Peppermint Stick Brownies
This is the dessert recipe you need this year! Whether for your own festivities, to bring to a friend’s bash, or to give as gifts … my Deliciously Decadent Peppermint Stick Brownies will make everyone’s holiday much sweeter. Easy to make, rich and decadent, and sure to be appreciated by all. They’re a fun project to do with the kids, yet pretty and party-perfect to pair with with after dinner drinks at an adult soirée.
Servings: 24 brownies
- 2 sticks salted butter chopped
- 8 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9”x13” baking pan.
- Combine butter and bittersweet chocolate in a large heat safe bowl set over a pot of simmering water and melt, stirring often, until smooth. Let cool slightly. Beat together eggs, sugars, vanilla, peppermint extract, and salt in a large bowl and whisk into chocolate mixture. Fold in flour until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until set in the middle. Let brownies cool completely.
- Place white chocolate chips in a large heat safe bowl set over a pot of simmering water and melt, stirring often, until smooth. Use a spoon to quickly drizzle white chocolate evenly over the top of the cooled brownies, then sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Let chocolate set before cutting brownies into squares.
Swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chips with an equal amount of your favorite dark or bittersweet chocolate for an even richer result.