Dark Chocolate Ganache Mini Tarts
These easy-to-make but elegant chocolate treats always wow! Pre made filo shells from your grocer's freezer are filled with a simple one-pan ganache and garnished with your choice of toppings. Perfect for gifting too! They're an indulgence you can feel good about at just 55 calories each / WW 2SP!
- 1 1.9 oz package pre-made filo shells 15 shells
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 3.5 oz bar high quality dark chocolate chopped (~3/4 cup or use chocolate chips)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- coarse sea salt, raspberries, whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake filo shells for 5 mins to crisp lightly. Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan over high heat until simmering.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in chocolate and vanilla extract until combined. Let cool slightly and pour filling into shells. (Tip: use a glass measuring cup to easily fill shells with less drips).
- Garnish with sea salt or other toppings and let set, or chill before serving. Optional: top with a dab of whipped cream just before serving.
You can make these up to 1 day before your event - just keep them stored in the plastic tray the filo shells came in. You can also swap in different flavored chocolates or use bourbon, peppermint extract, or rum instead of the vanilla extract.