Crispy Yucca with Chipotle Aioli
Roast cubes of yucca until they're tender and crispy then serve with a deliciously spicy sauce for dipping. This is an addictive appetizer that also works great as a side to grilled chicken or pork.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 lb yucca peeled & diced (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 2 TB reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp canned chipotle in adobo minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 and line two cookie sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray. Cover diced yucca with 1” of salted water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Drain thoroughly.
- Toss yucca with olive oil and salt and spread across sheet pans. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through to promote even browning.
- While yucca roasts, whisk together mayonnaise, adobo, lime juice, cumin, and garlic. Serve yucca hot with aioli drizzled on top or on the side for dipping.
Aioli can be made up to 3 days ahead. Bring to room temperature before serving.Leftovers are great on sandwiches or burgers.
Calories: 1524kcal | Carbohydrates: 348g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 2081mg | Potassium: 2458mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 2.4% | Vitamin C: 228.3% | Calcium: 14.5% | Iron: 17.3%