Crispy Spiced Lime Yucca with Peppers & Onions
A crispy, tangy delight, this one-pan dish pairs beautifully with roast pork for a delicious Latin-inspired meal.
- 2 lb yucca peeled and diced (3 ½ cups)
- 1 large red pepper diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 TB minced cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment. Place diced yucca in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Drain well and toss together with pepper, onion, olive oil, granulated garlic, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread mixture evenly across prepared cookie sheets and roast for 30-40 minutes or until yucca are crispy and well browned. (Stir once and switch pan positions half-way through cooking.)
- Toss together with lime zest and lime juice, and garnish with cilantro before serving.
Calories: 1688kcal | Carbohydrates: 369g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 2978mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 81.7% | Vitamin C: 430.1% | Calcium: 20.1% | Iron: 25.7%