Crispy Cheddar-Scallion Potato Cakes
Leftover mashed potatoes are transformed into these adorable and delicious little bites! Perfect for parties or brunch, try experimenting with other add-ins like grated gruyere, cooked crumbled bacon, or chopped fresh herbs.
Servings: 12 cakes
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large scallion chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 TB flour
- 1 TB butter
- 1 TB canola oil
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Combine potatoes, cheese, white part of scallion, egg, and flour in a medium bowl.
- Heat butter and canola in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by heaping TBs and cook for 5-6 mins per side or until lightly browned.
- Serve each cake topped with 1 tsp sour cream and garnished with green scallion.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled to serve a crowd!