Crisp Tortellini in Brown Butter-Sage Sauce with Asparagus & Mushrooms
Inspired by the flavors of Tuscany, this pasta dish for 2 features crispy, tasty tortellini. You can double the recipe to serve 4, just be sure to rotate your pans halfway through cooking.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup fresh cheese tortellini from refrigerator case
- 1 lb asparagus cut into 1” segments (3 cups)
- 8 oz package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 TB butter
- 2 TB minced fresh sage
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 lemon wedges
- Black pepper to taste
- Butter flavor cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with butter flavor cooking spray. Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini until al dente (or they float to the top of the water). Drain well. Spread tortellini, asparagus and mushrooms across cookie sheet. Spray top with cooking spray and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring once, or until tortellini are crispy and vegetables are slightly browned. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan (you can use the same one you cooked the tortellini in if you want) over medium low heat or until beginning to brown. Remove from heat, stir in sage and ½ tsp kosher salt (sage will bubble when it hits the hot butter). Drizzle over tortellini and vegetables and toss to combine. Serve with a wedge of lemon (optional).
Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1751mg | Potassium: 2273mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 80.4% | Vitamin C: 171.1% | Calcium: 42.2% | Iron: 87.4%