Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Greek Yogurt & Scallions
Yukon Gold potatoes give mashed spuds a golden flavor and creamy texture. Greek yogurt (instead of the usual sour cream) give them the perfect tang to please the whole gang.
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 cloves largegarlic peeled
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt divided
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk warmed
- 3/4 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- Put potatoes, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the salt and enough water to cover them in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot. Add milk, yogurt, butter, remaining 1 ¼ teaspoons salt and the pepper. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in scallions and spoon into a serving bowl.