Cornbread Stuffing w Sausage & Sage
You're sure to get raves all around the holiday table when you serve our delicious Cornbread Stuffing w Sausage & Sage. Amazing with traditional roasted turkey, it's also a delectable treat alongside chicken or pork.
- 1 lb roll bulk breakfast sausage defrosted if frozen
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 TB minced fresh sage
- 12 cups cubed cornbread or corn muffins toasted
- 3/4 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large shallow casserole dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Cook sausage over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet, stirring and breaking into small pieces with a wooden spoon until beginning to brown. Remove sausage to a large bowl.
- Add onion and celery to skillet and cook for 10 minutes or until softened, stirring often. Add cooked onion, celery, sage, cornbread cubes, and walnuts to sausage. Toss well to combine.
- Stir together eggs, chicken broth, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over stuffing mixture and mix well.
- Transfer stuffing to prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes uncovered, or until top is beginning to brown and center is heated through.
Calories: 4549kcal | Carbohydrates: 422g | Protein: 144g | Fat: 256g | Saturated Fat: 75g | Cholesterol: 1064mg | Sodium: 9846mg | Potassium: 3305mg | Fiber: 28g | Sugar: 124g | Vitamin A: 54.5% | Vitamin C: 50.4% | Calcium: 131.8% | Iron: 139.3%