Corn, Mushroom & Poached Egg Polenta
Cooks up this rich and hearty stew quickly in one pan using instant polenta. A poached egg and dusting of pecorino are the perfect topping. Try it as a filling brunch or light dinner paired with a simple salad.
Servings: 6 servings
- Butter flavor cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chopped portobello mushroom
- 2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 2 cups fresh or defrosted frozen corn
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup instant polenta
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 6 large eggs
- 2 TB fresh grated pecorino cheese
- 2 TB minced fresh chives
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add onion, mushrooms, and 1 tsp of salt. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until onions are softened and mushrooms are beginning to brown. Remove from pan and keep warm. Add garlic, thyme, and corn to pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil, and stir in polenta until cooked according to package directions (3-5 minutes depending on brand, you may need more chicken stock if it gets too dry) Stir in sour cream and remaining 1 tsp salt.
- Carefully crack each egg into an individual cup and pour over ragout. Cover pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until whites are set (alternatively, poach eggs on the side and reserve to spoon on top of plated ragout). To serve, spoon mushrooms into each serving bowl, top with polenta and egg.
- Garnish each serving with 1 tsp pecorino and 1 tsp chives.
Calories: 1667kcal | Carbohydrates: 234g | Protein: 87g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 1034mg | Sodium: 6272mg | Potassium: 3861mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 44.1% | Vitamin C: 53.3% | Calcium: 41.7% | Iron: 62.5%