Classic Pasta Ragù w Turkey
Sneakily lighten up traditional meat sauce by using turkey instead of fattier meats. This delicious to eat, easy to make one-pot meal will be a huge hit at every table, and it's easily doubled to ensure leftovers!
Servings: 4 servings
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups minced onion
- 1 cup minced carrot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 22 oz box pureed tomato
- 1 tsp high-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 8 oz cooked bucatini
- chopped parsley or fresh basil for garnish
- Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic, turkey, Italian seasoning, hot pepper flakes, and salt and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add broth and continue to cook until turkey is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Add puréed tomato, lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes for flavors to blend. Stir in balsamic vinegar and yogurt and season to taste.
- Divide bucatini across 4 plates and top with a heaping cup of ragù.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley or basil.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1655mg | Potassium: 912mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 111.7% | Vitamin C: 28.4% | Calcium: 11.2% | Iron: 21.8%