Would you like to painlessly sneak more healthy dark leafy greens into your meals? This lightly sweet, family-friendly side is the answer! Tender kale ribbons pair deliciously with apple cider, dried cranberries, and toasted walnuts in an gorgeous and easy addition to any dinner.
Cider Braised Kale Ribbons w Cranberries & Walnuts
- 2 lb lacinato or dinosaur kale washed
- 3 TB olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cups shallot sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- 3 TB apple cider
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- Remove center rib from kale leaves. Roll up leaves and thinly slice crosswise.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add shallot and salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-10 minutes or until shallot is softened and beginning to brown.
- Toss in kale and add vinegar, cider, brown sugar, and cranberries. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until kale begins to wilt.
- Serve warm garnished with toasted walnuts.