Cider Braised Chicken & Apple Sandwiches
This easy one pot recipe is the perfect comfort food to come home to on a chilly fall afternoon. Cider braising chicken breasts cook up tender with onions and apples. It’s a perfect make-ahead dish for a crowd, too!
Servings: 12 sandwiches
- 2 Fuji apples peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 12 light cheddar cheese slices for topping
- 12 reduced calorie hamburger rolls
- Place apples and onions in bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken breasts.
- Whisk together cider, mustard, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Use two forks to shred chicken breasts.
- Stir in cider vinegar and rosemary, season to taste, and serve on rolls topped with a slice of cheese.