This easy one pot recipe is the perfect comfort food to come home to on a chilly fall afternoon. Cider braising chicken breasts cook up tender with onions and apples. It’s a perfect make-ahead dish for a crowd, too!
- 2 Fuji apples peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 12 light cheddar cheese slices for topping
- 12 reduced calorie hamburger rolls
Place apples and onions in bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken breasts.
Whisk together cider, mustard, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
Use two forks to shred chicken breasts.
Stir in cider vinegar and rosemary, season to taste, and serve on rolls topped with a slice of cheese.