Chopped Greek Salad with Feta and Olives
This colorful, crunchy salad is a fun twist on traditional Greek Salad. It's pretty on individual plates or in a large glass salad bowl. Leftovers are great for the next day's lunch.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, diced (~2 cups)
- 1 yellow pepper seeded, diced
- 1 orange pepper seeded, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup canned chick peas rinsed and drained
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 TB fresh dill chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 batch Greek Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 8 cups romaine lettuce thin sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup kalamata olives chopped
- Combine cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, celery, chick peas, and onions in a large bowl. Toss well with vinaigrette. Serve 1 heaping cup chopped salad on top of 1 cup romaine, garnished with 1 TB feta, 1 TB olives, and chopped dill.
Find the recipe for Greek Red Wine Vinaigrette in my Dips, Dressings and Little Extras.