- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 3 TB minced shallot
- 1 TB + 1tsp water
- 1 TB chopped capers
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups watercress
- 1 15 oz can chick peas drained & rinsed (1 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ cups chopped cucumber
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 6 large hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 ½ cups halved grape tomatoes
- Fresh ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
Assemble each salad. On each plate layer ¾ cup watercress, ¼ cup cucumber, ¼ cup chick peas, 2 TB celery, 1 chopped egg. Drizzle with 4 tsp vinaigrette and garnish with ¼ cup tomatoes and black pepper.
For a party you can prepare this salad on a platter using full amount of each ingredient, toss slightly to distribute dressing and garnish with tomatoes, pepper, and chopped parsley for a pretty presentation.