Chicken Skewers with Apricot-Ginger-Cilantro Glaze
This incredible apricot glaze transforms simple grilled chicken thighs, turkey sausage, and pork tenderloin skewers into something special. Try it as a tasty weeknight dinner or serve it at your next party!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cips all-fruit apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 lbs pork tenderloin cut into 12, 1” cubes
- 3 links sweet or spicy turkey sausage
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add preserves, soy sauce, vinegar, mustard, and ginger. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until bubbly. Set aside and keep warm. Thread 2 cubes of pork on each skewer. Season skewers and chicken thighs on both sides with 1 ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Place pork skewers, chicken, and sausage on grill and cook on all sides until nearly finished (~ 10 minutes for the chicken, ~ 8 minutes for the pork, and ~ 12 minutes for the sausage). Brush meats repeatedly with glaze for the last 2 minutes of cooking, flipping often, to allow glaze to adhere/caramelize. After removing from the grill, brush meats with any remaining glaze, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Use small skewers for the pork tenderloin or feel free to add veggies such as peppers or onions to make the skewers more substantial.