Chicken Sausage Subs with Creamy Dijon Slaw
You couldn’t ask for an easier weeknight supper! Crunchy, creamy dijon slaw provides the perfect contrast to savory pre-cooked chicken sausage. These are also great for a weekend lunch.
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup thin sliced shallot
- 1 TB minced parsley plus extra for garnish
- 1 TB low fat mayonnaise
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 4 pre-cooked sweet Italian chicken sausage
- 4 hot dog buns
- Combine carrot, cabbage, shallot, and parsley in a small bowl. Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and sugar and pour over mixed veggies. Toss well.
- Grill sausage over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Toast buns lightly.Serve sausage in bun topped with slaw and garnished with extra parsley.
To speed prep feel free to use 1 cup bagged cole slaw mix.We like the sweet and spicy combination here, but just about any flavor pre-cooked chicken sausage would work!You can also make the slaw up to 1 day ahead of serving.
Calories: 1241kcal | Carbohydrates: 113g | Protein: 70g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 242mg | Sodium: 4661mg | Potassium: 528mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 254.2% | Vitamin C: 49.9% | Calcium: 33.5% | Iron: 54.1%