Chicken Satay with Cucumber Relish and Peanut Sauce
Tasty cucumber relish and peanut sauce are the perfect dips for chicken satay. Try them as a fun appetizer for your Thai noodle dishes, or serve them as a lighter entrée for dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 TB fish sauce
- 1 TB lime juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 English cucumber halved lengthwise, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 TB seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 TB thinly sliced shallot
- pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 TB chopped cilantro additional for garnish
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 3 TB light coconut milk
- 3 TB PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1 TB water
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp lime juice
- To prepare peanut sauce, whisk together coconut milk, PB2, water, fish sauce, red curry paste, and lime juice. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- To prepare chicken; combine fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, agave nectar and garlic in a shallow dish. Marinate chicken tenderloins for at least 30 minutes up to 8 hours. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Toss together cucumber, rice wine vinegar, shallot, hot pepper flakes and cilantro. Serve chicken with cucumber relish and peanut sauce for dipping.