Chicken Salad with Thai Peanut Dressing
This crunchy, colorful salad is packed with healthy raw veggies and is delicious with a creamy decadent-seeming peanut dressing. Double or triple it to feed a crowd or to have leftovers for a gourmet lunch at work!
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 TB creamy peanut butter
- 1 TB warm water
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium red pepper thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh mint minced, plus additional for garnish
- Cooking spray
- 4 frozen chicken tenders I use Foster Farms
- 2 TB chopped scallion for garnish
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and keep at room temperature. Toss together cabbage, carrots, pepper, cucumber, onion, and mint. Divide evenly across serving bowls.
- Spray a nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook tenders until cooked through, approximately 15 minutes. Place on top of salad. Drizzle salads evenly with peanut dressing and garnish with scallions and additional mint.
This salad is easily prepared ahead and is just as delicious served with cooked, chilled chicken.The peanut dressing can be made up to 3 days ahead. To speed prep substitute bagged cole slaw mix for the cabbage and carrots and use bottled minced ginger and garlic.
Calories: 604kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 2010mg | Potassium: 1972mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 518.6% | Vitamin C: 239.5% | Calcium: 13% | Iron: 20.2%