Elevate simple chicken breasts with a simple, tangy pan-sauce. Serve it with angel hair pasta and steamed broccoli.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 frozen chicken breasts I use Foster Farms
- 1/3 cup minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp lemon juice or to taste
- 1 tbsp TB chopped capers
- 1 tbsp TB chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a medium nonstick sauté pan. Brown frozen chicken breasts on both sides, approximately 5-6 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add shallot to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Pour in wine, scraping up any browned bits. Increase heat until wine is nearly evaporated. Add chicken broth, browned breasts (and any accumulated juices) to pan, bring to a boil, cover, and cook an additional 8-10 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Stir lemon juice and capers into sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve breasts with piccata sauce, garnished with parsley.
If you’d like to thicken your sauce a bit, simply remove the chicken breasts when done and cook sauce uncovered to reduce.Add lemon juice, capers, parsley and seasoning at the end and spoon over breasts.