This lightened up version of traditional cipaille features delicious, tender braised chicken along with potatoes and carrots. A phyllo dough crust gives this casserole the perfect crunch.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 ½” cubes
- 3 cups onion sliced
- 1 ½ cups carrot diced
- 1 TB fresh thyme minced
- 1 TB white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh sage minced
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 3 cups potato peeled & diced (2 medium)
- 8 sheets phyllo dough defrosted
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Combine chicken, onion, carrot, thyme, vinegar, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cloves in a 2 qt casserole. (If possible, cover and marinate overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350. Stir in potato. Carefully place each sheet of phyllo across casserole, spray with cooking spray .Repeat with remaining sheets of phyllo. Use scissors to trim edges to match casserole. Tuck phyllo into casserole edges and cut a few slits in the center for steam to escape.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until chicken is done, remove foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes to brown top. Let cool slightly before serving.
Calories: 8420kcal | Carbohydrates: 1316g | Protein: 357g | Fat: 174g | Saturated Fat: 43g | Cholesterol: 861mg | Sodium: 16478mg | Potassium: 7243mg | Fiber: 68g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 11% | Vitamin C: 143.7% | Calcium: 67% | Iron: 571%