Chicken Burger with Pesto
Take grilled chicken burgers from good to great with a simple Italian pesto spread.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 tsplowfat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp reduced fat pesto
- Cooking spray
- 2 chicken burgers I use Foster Farms
- 6 TB Italian 4-cheese blend shredded cheese or part-skim shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup bottled roasted peppers well-drained, chopped
- 2 pieces romaine lettuce
- 2 hamburger buns toasted (or focaccia bread)
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in a small bowl. Spray a grill pan or outdoor grill with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Season burgers with salt and pepper and grill for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Top burgers with Italian blend to melt. Spread rolls with mayonnaise-pesto mixture and layer with romaine lettuce leaves. Top each with a burger and roasted peppers.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 2465mg | Potassium: 1942mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 42.7% | Vitamin C: 157.3% | Calcium: 9% | Iron: 26.5%