Chicken Andouille Jambalaya
This tasty one-pan wonder comes together quickly with deliciously spicy chicken andouille sausage in this flavorful jambalaya. Swap cooked turkey sausage for the chicken andouille if you can’t find it in your local market.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 frozen chicken tenders I use Foster Farms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 link chicken andouille sausage diced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes with chilis
- 1/2 cup rinsed drained canned red kidney beans
- 2 tsp no-salt Cajun seasoning found in the spice aisle
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup instant white rice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- Optional hot sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large non-stick sauté pan. Add chicken tenders, onion, pepper, and sausage and cook for 10-12 minutes or until onion is softened and chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add garlic to pan and cook an additional minute. Stir in fire roasted tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, chicken broth, and rice. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in salt, garnish with scallions and serve with optional hot sauce.