Cheesecake Strudel w Fresh Cherries
Rich and decadent, this cheesecake is surprisingly easy to make thanks to pre-made phyllo dough. It's a beautiful, delicious dessert that is sure to wow the crowd.
Servings: 16 servings
- 8 oz light cream cheese at room temperature.
- 3 TB confectioners sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups cherries pitted
- 7 sheets phyllo dough 13- X 18-in
- 8 servings butter flavor cooking spray
- 1 TB sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together cream cheese, confectioners sugar, egg, lemon zest, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- Lay 1 sheet phyllo on parchment, spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with ½ tsp sugar. Repeat with remaining 6 sheets of phyllo (skipping cooking spray and sugar on the last sheet).
- Spread cheese mixture across the length of the phyllo 2 inches away from the edge of the pan. The cheese should spread ~ 3” wide by 18” long. Scatter cherries evenly across cheese.
- Using the parchment paper to assist, roll phyllo layers over the cheese and cherries jelly-roll style. Gently turn strudel seam side down in the center of the parchment. Spray top lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake until phyllo is golden, 15-20 minutes; remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing into 16 1” thick slices.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 83mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2.1% | Vitamin C: 1.9% | Calcium: 2.6% | Iron: 2.2%