Cavatappi Marinara w Baked Turkey Meatballs
These simple-to-make, sneakily healthy meatballs in marinara are sure to become a family favorite. We went cavatappi because the cut holds the sauce while their namesake, whimsical corkscrew shape makes them a kid favorite.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fine-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 lb box cavatappi
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray-covered foil. Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, cheese, egg, dried herbs, and salt in a large bowl. Using a tablespoon to scoop, gently shape mixture into 24, 1 ½” meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheets. Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes, shaking pan every 5 minutes to promote even browning.
- While meatballs are cooking, heat marinara sauce in a medium saucepan. When meatballs are lightly browned and cooked through, remove from the oven and stir them into sauce to coat and keep warm.
- Cook cavatappi according to package instructions and serve topped with meatballs and sauce.
A dusting of fresh grated parmesan complements this dish beautifully!