Cauliflower Gratin with Parm Crisps
You'd never believe how sneakily healthy this creamy, hearty gratin is. Greek yogurt's the secret behind the creaminess and melba crackers give it a super satisfying crunch.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 heads cauliflower washed and cut into florets
- 1/3 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne
- Butter flavor cooking spray
- 5 large rye-flavored melba toast crackers crushed into crumbs (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450. Cover florets by several inches of salted water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 20-30 minutes until extremely tender. Drain well and puree in blender (or back in saucepan with immersion blender) with yogurt, salt, pepper, and spices. Season to taste with additional salt as needed.
- Spray a medium casserole dish with butter flavor cooking spray and pour cauliflower puree in. Top with cracker crumbs and parmesan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Gratin can be assembled the night before and baked just before serving.Just bring to room temperature or leave in the oven a bit longer to warm all the way through.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 5412mg | Potassium: 639mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5.2% | Vitamin C: 125% | Calcium: 55.3% | Iron: 10.2%