Carrot Cake Crêpe Rolls
All the flavor of your favorite carrot cake rolled up in fun little crepes! Try these filled with fresh pineapple and a drizzle of vanilla yogurt at brunch, or simply dusted with confectioners sugar for dessert.
Servings: 6 crepes
- 1 1/3 cups grated carrots divided
- ¾ cup low fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 TB melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- Optional: confectioners sugar for dusting
- Combine 1 cup carrots, milk, egg, butter, and vanilla in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Stir in remaining 1/3 cup carrots.
- Combine flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl. Pour in carrot mixture and stir gently until just combined.
- Heat a nonstick omelet pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add 1/3 cup batter to pan and spread with a spoon to an even thickness.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until crepe bottom is beginning to brown.
- Use a large spatula to flip and cook crepe for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat for remaining crepes and keep warm until ready to serve.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4880IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 0.8mg