Carrot-Apple Soup w Curry
Our delectable sweet-spicy-tart soup is comfort in a bowl after a chilly fall day at the orchard. A bit of sweet potato gives this beautiful soup an amazing bisque-like thickness.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups chopped carrot
- 3 cups chopped sweet potato
- 2 large Macintosh apples peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 TB low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions garnish
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and salt and cook for 5-7 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add carrot, sweet potato, apple, curry powder, and ginger and stir to combine. Add chicken broth, increase heat to high, cover, and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add Greek yogurt and brown sugar and use an immersion blender to purée soup (or a regular blender working in batches).
- Serve garnished with scallions.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 1241mg | Potassium: 661mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 405.5% | Vitamin C: 26.1% | Calcium: 7.1% | Iron: 6.7%