Caramelized Onion Dip
Everyone's favorite dip gets a modernized twist by using sweet caramelized onions with a bit of rosemary. Try it with pita chips, baked potato chips, or crudité at your next party.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large onion chopped (~2 ¼ cups)
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced rosemary
- 2 tbsp light cream cheese
- 1 cup plus 2 TB low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat butter over medium-low heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add onion and salt and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently, until extremely soft and light golden brown. Stir in rosemary and cream cheese.
- Combine with yogurt, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Chill for an hour or two for flavors to blend.