Butternut Squash, Orange & Arugula Salad with Hazelnuts
Try this sweet, earthy salad as a perfect pairing to roast pork tenderloin or chicken. It's a perfect side to serve for supper or at your next dinner party!
Servings: 4 servings
- 16 inch small wedges butternut squash (~ ½” x 3size pieces cut from narrow/seed end of squash)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups packed baby arugula
- 1/2 cup orange segments cut from 1 large orange
- 1 tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp minced shallot 1 medium shallot
- 1 tsp orange marmalade
- 1 1/4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced rosemary
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray a small baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment. Toss squash with olive oil rosemary, and salt and spread in a single layer on sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes (flip over squash wedges halfway through), until squash is tender and lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Just before serving, place arugula and roasted squash wedges on top of vinaigrette. Toss with your hands or salad tongs until thoroughly combined. Evenly pile arugula/squash wedges onto four salad plates. Top with orange slices and hazelnuts.
You could easily substitute wedges of roasted acorn squash or sweet potato for the butternut squash.