Brussels Sprouts with Lemon, Basil & Pine Nuts
The crunchy texture and nutty flavor of Brussels sprouts are highlighted in this super simple side dish that's sure to please.
- 2 lb Brussels sprouts ends & brown outer leaves trimmed
- 1 TB butter
- ½ cup minced shallot 2 large
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 TB toasted pine nuts
- Working in batches, place Brussels sprouts in a food processor and pulse to shred (if you don’t have a food processor use a mandolin or halve and then thinly slice lengthwise).
- Heat butter over medium high heat in a large non-stick skillet. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute. Add sprouts and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until leaves are bright green and inner sections soften slightly.
- Stir in salt, pepper, lemon juice and basil. Garnish each serving with 1 tsp pine nuts.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 4980mg | Potassium: 3528mg | Fiber: 34g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 150.2% | Vitamin C: 950.1% | Calcium: 39.2% | Iron: 71.6%