Braised Mustard Greens with Garlic & Ginger
Complement the slightly spicy flavor of mustard greens with garlic and ginger in this simple sauté.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tsp minced ginger
- 2 lbs Asian mustard greens
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 2 TB toasted sesame seeds
- Wash greens and separate stems and leafy parts of greens. Slice greens thinly into ribbons. Dice stems. Heat olive oil over low heat in a large non-stick sauté pan or wok. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes to infuse oil with flavor. Toss in diced stems and broth, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Toss in leaves, cover and cook an additional 5-8 minutes or until bright green. Stir in salt, vinegar, and scallions.
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds.
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 2874mg | Potassium: 3681mg | Fiber: 31g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 28185IU | Vitamin C: 643.3mg | Calcium: 1257mg | Iron: 18.1mg