Beet Purée & Endive Canapés
Vibrant roasted beet purée is a beautiful, tasty topping for endive bites. Try them as appetizers for your next cocktail party or elegant event.
Servings: 16 canapés
- 4 medium beets ~1 ¼ lbs, scrubbed
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 16 endive leaves
- fresh chopped tarragon dill, and scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wrap each beet in foil and roast on a sheet pan for 20-30 minutes or until fork tender. Let cool and use foil to rub skins from beets.
- Purée in food processor with sherry vinegar and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- When ready to serve, spoon 1 TB beet puree on each endive leaf and garnish with tarragon/scallion or dill/scallion and fresh cracked black pepper.
Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 0.4% | Vitamin C: 3% | Calcium: 1.3% | Iron: 1.6%