BBQ Chicken & Cheddar Poutine Potato Skins
Tangy homemade BBQ sauce gives tender chicken a flavorful kick as a topping for a Southern riff on Canadian Poutine. Try them out for your next tailgate party or barbecue.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 8 oz can tomato paste
- 2 TB BBQ Seasoning such as McCormack's
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs ~8 thighs
- 4 medium sized baking potatoes
- 8 oz 50% reduced fat cheddar diced
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 450. Pierce potatoes with a fork, wrap in foil, and bake in oven on a cookie sheet until tender (~60 minutes). When done remove from oven, cool slightly, halve lengthwise, and scoop out flesh (reserving for another use).
- While potatoes bake combine tomato sauce, paste, BBQ seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic, mustard and cayenne pepper in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Place chicken in a baking dish and combine with sauce.over tightly with foil or a lid and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove from oven and slice chicken into pieces, returning to sauce. Just before serving, place potato skins cut side up on the cookie sheet in oven for an additional 5-7 minutes to crisp. Top each potato skin with ½ cup chicken/sauce, 1 oz diced cheddar, melt slightly. Garnish with scallions to serve.
Calories: 1323kcal | Carbohydrates: 208g | Protein: 98g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 8267mg | Potassium: 8145mg | Fiber: 43g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 159.5% | Vitamin C: 239.6% | Calcium: 167.8% | Iron: 290.4%