Avocado Bowls w Egg, Salmon, Dill, & Capers
Avocado halves serve as adorable, edible baking vessels for this tasty take on breakfast. The beautiful presentation is perfect for your brunch buddies or shower guests, or as a special, lovely treat any easy Sunday morning.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 ripe but firm avocado
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 TB minced shallot
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a small baking dish with foil.
- Halve and pit avocado, and scoop out 3 TB from each half, leaving a small bowl (with ~4 TB remaining in each half). Cut a thin slice across the bottom so halve sits flat.
- Place 1 oz salmon in each avocado bowl.
- Crack an egg on top, slowly pouring whites so they don’t spill over.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until whites are set and yolk is done to your liking. Top with shallot, capers, dill, and black pepper and serve.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 170mg | Sodium: 347mg | Potassium: 597mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7.7% | Vitamin C: 12.2% | Calcium: 3.7% | Iron: 8.7%