Baked Apples with Maple Glaze & Vanilla Drizzle
Moist, sweet and flavorful maple-glazed baked apples are finished off with a drizzle of vanilla yogurt and scattering of crunchy pecans for a delicious treat.
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 medium sized Golden Delicious apples
- ¾ cup diced dried fruit bits
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 TB maple syrup
- ¼ cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 TB chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut a thin slice across both bottom and top of each apple. Use a melon baller to remove core from each apple and stuff each with 2 TB dried fruit bits. Place apples in a baking pan. Combine cider and maple syrup in a bowl and pour into pan. Bake apples approximately 55 minutes, basting thoroughly with pan juices every 10 minutes. Drizzle each apple with pan sauce, 2 tsp vanilla yogurt, and top with 1 tsp pecans.
Most supermarkets carry pre-diced dried fruit bits but in a pinch feel free to substitute an equal amount of diced dried apricots, raisins, currants, cranberries, cherries … whatever dried fruit you have on hand!
Calories: 772kcal | Carbohydrates: 158g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 607mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 147g | Vitamin C: 2.6% | Calcium: 20.1% | Iron: 5.4%