Bafflingly Rich Candy Cane Brownies
Can you believe these scrumptious looking brownies are both low fat and nearly flourless? This is a recipe I developed for Weight Watchers and its secret is using black beans in the batter (yes ... black beans!) which makes for dense, amazing brownies.
Servings: 16 brownies
- 1 - 15 oz can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbs white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbs crushed candy canes 2 candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray. Place black beans, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, salt, baking powder and extracts in the bowl of a food processor. Process on high for several minutes until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times. Add flour and chips and pulse to just combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely before topping.
- Melt white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small bowl in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, stirring frequently. Drizzle melted chocolate over top of cooled brownies and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Let cool and harden completely before cutting and serving.
For extra minty brownies, substitute an even amount of mint flavored chocolate chips, just reduce the mint extract to 1/8 tsp.